They are individuals among the community and the Langkawi tourism industry players that are elected based on their knowledge and responsibilities as well as their high commitment and concern towards Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark. They are represented icons towards the people of Langkawi with their relentless efforts in promoting Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark to the community and visitors.
The roles of GEOPARK AMBASSADOR are:
- To convey precise information about the Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark.
- To spread awareness to the community in preserving the natural resources.
- To portray the image of geopark ambassador consistently.
- To encourage arrivals of visitors as well as increasing the economy to the local community.
- To promote Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark in attended events and programs.
List of Geopark Ambassadors :
- Pn. Hajah Norini Binti Wan Awang
- En. Sabri Bin Musa
- En. Rusasmizal bin Mohd Ghazali
- En. Teh Cheng Chye
- En. Mohd Rizal Bin Hassan
- En. Mehad Bin Daud
- YBrs. Dr. Ghani Hussain
- En. Asri Bin Shaaban
- En. Abu Bakar Bin Che Saad
- Tuan Haji Maton Bin Mahmud
- En. Othman Ayeb
- Pn. Fuziah Mohamad
- Pn. Indara Rahayu Mohd Noor.
- En. Aidi Abdullah
- Pak Malau
- En. Omar Bin Ariffin
- En. Muhammad Bin Mohd Azmi
- En. Khairudin Bin Abdul Hamid
- En. Malik bin Abdul Aziz
- Pn. Nor Azlina Binti Ahmad
- En. Razmi Bin Rahmat